1. Last name : ALIZADE
2. First name : Rafail
3. Father’s name : Hasanali
4. Date of birth : 04.01.1956
5. Nationality : Republic of Azerbaijan
6. Civil status : Married / 2 daughters and 1 son: Lale-1989, Nigar-1992, Eşref-1999
7. Languages : Turkish, Russian, English
1973-1978 Student of Moscow State University, Faculty of Math & Mech (Master degree)
1978-1980 Scientific researcher, Moscow State University, Faculty of Math & Mech
1980-1984 Post-graduate student, Moscow State University, Faculty of Math & Mech
1986 Ph.D. Thesis: Typical ways of description of proper classes. Global dimension of proper classes
1978-1980 Scientific researcher, Moscow State University, Department of Math & Mech
1980-1986 Scientific researcher, Institute of Math.& Mech., Acad. Sci. Azerbaijan
1986-1990 Senior scientific researcher, Institute of Math.& Mech., Acad. Sci. Azerbaijan
1990-1991 Assoc. Prof. Baku State University, Faculty of Math & Mech, Department of Algebra & Topology
1991-1993 Prof. Baku State University, Faculty of Math & Mech, Department of Algebra & Topology
1994-2000 Prof. Dokuz Eylul University. Faculty of Arts & Sciences,Department of Mathematics, Izmir
2001- 2010 Prof., Izmir Institute of Technology, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Mathematics, Izmir
2010 – Prof., Yaşar University, Faculty of Science & Letter, Department of Mathematics, Izmir
11. Research Interests
Abelian Groups, Homological Algebra, Module Theory.
Abstract Mathematics I, II, Calculus I, II, Introduction to Algebra, Infinite Abelian Groups, Modules and Rings, Topics in Abelian Groups, Introduction to Topology, Real Analysis. Functional Analysis.
Notions of Abelian Groups, Introduction to Ring Theory, Introductory Module Theory, Module Theory I, II, Commutative Algebra, Introduction to Homological Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Topology, Homological Methods in Abelian Groups, Methods of Module Theory.
13. Graduate students
1. Gökhan Bilhan, Neat exact sequences M.Sc.Thesis 1994-1995.
2. Karen Akıncı, High subgroups of abelian groups M.Sc. Thesis 1995-1996.
3. Handan Zeytin, Inverse limits of abelian groups M. Sc. Thesis 1995-1996.
4. Seçil Başak Öztürk, Modules and Homological Algebra M.Sc.Thesis 1998-1999.
5. Engin Mermut, Exactness of Çech Homology Theory M.Sc.Thesis 1999-2000.
6. Engin Büyükaşık, Supplemented Modules over Commutative Rings 2000 -2001.
7. Eylem Erdoğan (Toksoy), Absolutely Supplement and Absolutely Complement Modules M.Sc.Thesis 2002-2004.
8. Filiz Menemen, Cofinitely Amply Weak Supplemented Modules M.Sc.Thesis 2003-2005.
9. Yasin Çetindil, Generalization of Cofinitely Supplemented Modules to Lattices, M.Sc.Thesis 2003 – 2005.
10. Serpil Top (Güngör), Totally Weak Supplemented Modules M.Sc.Thesis 2005-2007.
11. Zafer Çeliköz, Submodules That Have Supplements M.Sc.Thesis 2005-2007.
12. Yılmaz Demirci, Proper Classes Generated by Submodules That Have Supplements M. Sc.Thesis 2006 – 2008.
13. Yılmaz Durgun, The Least Proper Class Containing Weak Supplements M. Sc.Thesis 2008 – 2009.
14. İlayda Marlalı Semimaximally Supplemented Modules 2011 – 2012.
15. Kevser Macit Semimaximally Weak Supplemented Modules 2011 – 2012.
16. Surajo Sulaiman T-noncosingulatr abelian groups 2013-2014.
17. Surajo İbrahim İsah K-nonsingular abelian groups 2013-2014.
18. Selçuk Sağbaş İndirgemeli Dizler ve Uygulamaları 2013-2014.
1. Gökhan Bilhan, Cofinitely Supplemented Modules Ph.D.Thesis 1996-1999.
2. Karen Akıncı, Cotorsion Theories and F-covers Ph.D.Thesis 1997-2000.
3. Arshad Imam, Neat-Injective Envelopes Ph.D. Thesis 1998 – 2000.
4. Engin Mermut, Homological Approach to Complements and Supplements Ph.D. Thesis 2001-2004.
5. Engin Büyükaşık, Weakly and Cofinitely Weak Supplemented Modules over Dedekind Domains Ph.D. Thesis 2002-2005.
6. Eylem Toksoy, Cofinitely Supplemented Lattices Ph.D. Thesis 2005 – 2008.
7. Serpil Güngör, Ph.D. Thesis 2008 -2013.
8. Yılmaz Demirci, Ph.D. Thesis 2009 -2012.
1. Homological Properties of Supplements and Complements, TÜBİTAK
2. Weakly Supplemened Lattices, BAP, İYTE.
3. Supplemented Modules, BAP, İYTE
4. Cofinitely Supplemented Lattices, BAP, İYTE.
15. Other Activities
1. Column “Problems and Solutions” in the popular mathematical journal “Matematik Dünyası”
2. Educator in the camps of the national team of participants of the International Mathematical Olympiads
3. Reviewer of the journal “Mathematical Reviews” of Amercan Mathematical Society
4. Member of the jury in the regional scientific project competetion organized by TÜBİTAK for the high school students
16. Activities Within Non-Governmental Organizations, Memberships
1. Educator in the camps of the national team of participants of the International Mathematical Olympiads.
2. Member of American Mathematical Society